Thursday, June 23, 2016

Back in the Studio


Work in my studio came to a standstill last October when the health of my parents, in their mid 90s, failed suddenly. My dear mother passed away in January. Dad has recovered and moved into a great assisted living apartment. It has taken awhile to regain my balance and begin work again. 

Lucky for me, pots can wait patiently to be glazed. It was great to finally see some new glazes perform as I had hoped. Here are a few pictures:







Glaze-fired mugs that were shown in the process of being made in my Aug 2015 blog entry
















My new Lime Green matte glaze feels soft to touch.
















"Swoop" bowls in new glaze colors




















Matte Charcoal & Eggshell White glaze on my hand built "folded" bowls


















Creamer & sugar, Eggshell white exterior with soft blue gloss interior

No comments:

Post a Comment